- Aniplex of America Inc. (“AOA”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aniplex Inc. Information collected on this Service may be used in the manner described below by AOA, Aniplex Inc., agents, subsidiaries, trusted partners and affiliates acting on our behalf (collectively, “Aniplex”). When used herein, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Aniplex.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as email address;
- Unique identifiers such as date of birth, user name, account ID;
- Preference and other information such as favorite character(s); and
- Information as to your computer or mobile device which you use the Service, such as the domain name, Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, mobile device ID, operating system and device type, average time spent on our Service, pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address you use to connect to the Internet and related geographical information.
- We or one of our trusted partners may use the foregoing information only for any of the following purposes:
- Send you requested product or service information;
- Fulfill your order;
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns;
- Administer your account;
- Conduct research and analysis; and
- Display content based upon your location and/or interests.
- Any disclosure of personal information collected from you to our trusted partners shall be covered by a data sharing agreement between Aniplex and the third party to whom such information shall be disclosed, which agreement shall establish adequate safeguards for data privacy and security, and uphold your rights as a data subject.
- Information Sharing
- We may also share your personal information:
- As may be required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process; and
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- Any sharing of personal information with third parties shall be covered by a data sharing agreement between Aniplex and the third party to whom such information shall be disclosed, which agreement shall establish adequate safeguards for data privacy and security, and uphold your rights as a data subject.
- Tracking Technologies
- We and some of our third party partners use Flash cookies to store some of your preferences or personal information. For more information on Flash cookies and how to manage privacy and storage settings, please visit the following website:
- In some of our email messages, we use “click-through URLs” or pixel tags to determine whether the email has been opened and to measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. This data may also be used to gauge your interest in particular topics, so we can deliver a more relevant, personal and convenient user-experience.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after receipt. The security measures taken to protect personal information are directed to ensuring the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of personal information, and may include the implementation of back-up solutions, access control and secure log files, encryption, or procedures on data disposal and return of assets. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Updating Your Personal Information
- If you wish to review and update your personal information, cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please send email to the address:
- Consent to Processing
- We operate and may continue to operate servers in a number of jurisdictions around the world, including the United States and Japan, so the server on which your personal information is used and stored may not be located in your jurisdiction.
- Changes To This Policy
- Your Privacy Rights
- You are entitled to (a) be informed whether personal information pertaining to you shall be, are being or have been processed; (b) be furnished the information processed before the entry of such personal information into the processing system of AOA or Aniplex or any authorized third party, or at the next practical opportunity; (c) reasonable access to, upon demand, the following:
- Contents of your personal information that were processed;
- Sources from which personal information were obtained;
- Names and addresses of recipients of the personal information;
- Manner by which such data were processed;
- Reasons for the disclosure of the personal information to recipients;
- Information on automated processes where the data will or likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect the data subject; and
- Date when your personal information was last accessed and modified;
- (d) dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information and have AOA or Aniplex correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable; (e) suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from AOA or Aniplex’s filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected; and (f) be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information. To obtain information as provided under this paragraph, please write or email to us at the address below. We will respond to these requests within thirty (30) days. Requests that come to us by other means may result in a delayed response.
Aniplex of America Inc.
2120 Colorado Ave. #220 Santa Monica CA 90404 U.S.A.